WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED AND HOW IT’S TREATED
Everyone’s privacy is very important to us and we are committed to keeping it safe. We will explain in the next few lines our policy on handling user’s personal information.
By continuing to explore Torrestir website, the visitor expressly agrees with our Cookies Policy.
B. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following types of personal information may be stored and used:
- Information about the user’s computer, including its IP address, geographical location, which browser and its version and operating system used;
- Information about your visits and website’s use, including the source of the reference to our website, how many visits, number of views and the links used;
- Information, such as user’s email, used to send messages through the forms on the pages;
- Information, such as your name and email address, used to subscribe to our newsletter;
- Information used in website services;
- Information generated during the use of our website, including when, how and under what circumstances;
- Information acquired in any type of communication used with Torrestir by e-mail or on our website, including its content and metadata;
- Any other personal information you send us.
Before giving us personal information of third parties, the user must first obtain their consent in order to them accept and comply with our policy, for the disclosure and processing of that information.
C. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used under specific circumstances in our usage policy or on relevant website pages. We may use your personal information in the following terms:
- In website administration;
- In the personalization of the website the user;
- Making user service permissions available on the website;
- Sending non-commercial or advertising communications;
- Sending e-mail notifications previously requested by the user;
- Sending our newsletter by e-mail, if requested (user is able to inform us if their wish is to cancel the newsletter);
- Sending advertising communications related to our business or other carefully selected business that we think it’s users interest (user may let us know if wish to cancel such communications);
- Deal with queries and complaints made by the user related to the website;
- To keep the website safe and prevent any type of fraud;
- Check the compatibility of the terms and conditions managing the use of our website (includes the monitoring of messages sent through our website);
- Other uses.
If you send us personal information to post on our website, we will post and otherwise use the information in accordance with the permission you are granting us.
We will never in any way, without your consent, provide your personal information to third parties.
D. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to one of our employees, consultants, agents, suppliers, insurers or subcontractors with the purpose described in our policy.
User’s personal information may be disclosed to any member of the Torrestir business group (including subsidiaries), when necessary and for the purposes described in our policy.
USER’s PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED UNDER THIS TERMS:
- if Torrestir is obliged to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal investigation;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for the purpose of preventing fraud and reducing risks);
- to the buyer (or prospective buyer) of any business or asset that Torrestir is selling (or contemplating selling);
- to any person who we believe may appeal to a court or other competent authority for the disclosure of such information when, in our opinion, such court or authority may order the disclosure of such information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
E. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
- Information collected can be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate, in order to allow us to use the information in accordance with this policy;
- Information we collect under this terms, can be transferred to Mozambique, which does not have data protection laws equivalent to those operating in European Economic Area;
- Personal information published or submitted for moderation by the user on our website will be available on the Internet worldwide. We can not prevent the misuse of this information by third parties;
- You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this section ‘E’.
F. PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
- This section defines our policy on data retention procedures, which are set to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations related to the retention and deletion of personal data;
- Personal information we process for any purpose should not be kept for longer than is strictly necessary for that purpose;
- Without prejudice to Article F-2, personal data will normally be erased when falling within the categories and dates defined in the following list:
- type of data that is personal will be deleted within six months;
- in the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the data may be relevant to any running judicial process or under investigation;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for fraud prevention and risk reduction purposes).
G. USERS PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
- Torrestir agrees to take all necessary precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the user’s personal data;
- We will store all personal information that you provide in our properly protected servers;
- You acknowledge that transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure and we can’t fully guarantee the security of the data sent over the internet;
- The user is responsible for keeping sensitive data as passwords confidential; In our website, in no case do we ask for access passwords.
I. USER RIGHTS
The user has the right to claim for any information that is stored in our services about him. The provision of such information shall be subject to the following:
- user will need to provide appropriate evidence of the user’s identity (citizen’s card, passport or a residence certificate);
- we may retain personal information requested to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any given time to not process your personal information for advertising purposes.
Without a contrary instruction, you expressly agree to the use of your personal information for advertising purposes or we will provide to user an opportunity to refuse the use of your personal information for advertising purposes.
J. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The torrestir website includes links and details from external websites owned by third parties where we have no control whatsoever and are not responsible for their privacy policies and practices.
K. PERSONAL INFORMATION UPDATE
We ask the user to let us know if some personal information we may have about him needs to be corrected or updated.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies::
- A persistent cookie will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until the expiration date set (unless it is excluded by the user before the expiration date);
- A session cookie remains in the browser’s cookies directory until the user leaves the website. Cookies usually do not contain information that personally identifies a user, but the personal information we store about you may be linked to the information stored and obtained in cookies.
Torrestir’s website uses session cookies and persistent cookies.
The names of the cookies we use on our site, and the purposes for which they are used, are described below:
- We use Google Analytics and AdWords to recognize a computer when a user accesses the website to improve usability, analyze its usage, administer the website, prevent fraud, improve site security;
- Most browsers allow the user to decline accepting cookies;
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If the user blocks cookies, he’ll not be able to use all the features offered on our website.
- The user can delete the cookies already stored on his computer (The deletion of stored cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites).